Founder Laurie Zagon featured in Coast magazine
“Raptured” – 24″x 30″ acrylic on canvas
We’re proud that our Founder and Executive Director, Laurie Zagon was recently featured in the Orange County Register’s Coast magazine (Dec 2017 / Jan 2018 issue). The magazine’s monthly “Artistic Vision” chose Laurie’s work “Raptured” to feature in the column. Check out the article in your current issue or view it right here!
Did you know?
Laurie Zagon, Art & Creativity for Healing’s founder is an accomplished artist in her own right!
She is best known for her work as an abstract colorist, using the illusion of light on canvas to create a dual sense of dynamic energy and natural harmony.
Her work has been exhibited around the world and is in many permanent corporate collections including:
- The Prudential Insurance Company of New Jersey
- Manufacturer’s Hanover Trust Co., New York City
- Scripps Research and Cancer Clinic in La Jolla, California.
Laurie was Influenced by the light and architecture of Barcelona and Madrid, Zagon lived and worked in Spain where she had four exhibitions within a two-year period. During this time she also created five editions of etchings with master printers in Madrid.
Her work has been shown at the
- Helio Galleries
- The John Szoke Gallery
- The National Arts Club in New York City
- The Municipal Art Gallery in Los Angeles
- Downtown Arts Development Association (DADA) show
- biannual open studios at the Brewery Arts Complex
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art Sales & Rental Galleries in Los Angeles
A former City University of New York Fine Arts Professor specializing in color and light theory for over 14 years, the New York-born artist received her Master of Fine Arts at Syracuse University where she studied with Milton Resnick and Friedl Dzubas. She received her undergraduate degree at the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore where her teachers included Salvatore Scarpitta, Sam Gilliam, and Robert Moskowitz.
See more of Laurie’s work here: