Healing Art Boxes
Healing Art Boxes
When There are no Words, There is Art
Our annual Healing Art Box campaign provides the gift of art to 1,200 underprivileged children suffering from illness grief or stress.
The 2019 campaign is underway and we need you!
Help us deliver bags and boxes with brand new art supplies! It’s quick to sign up. You’ll have a custom link to share with your friends. Set your funding goals, reach out to friends, fundraise together, and monitor your progress!
What is a healing art box?
For only $20 per box, we put together a shoe box filled with 10 different brand new art supplies. We also include a series of exercises to stimulate and entertain children experiencing hardship.
Who receives these art boxes?
“Healing Art Boxes” are distributed to children through our non-profit Partner Agencies. Some examples of the locations that the boxes are distributed to are:
- Children of the deployed
- Children in long-term hospital care
- Children exposed to domestic violence
- Children whose families are experiencing financial hardship or homelessness.
- Teens in crisis
Here's how YOU can help!
Volunteer your time
- Coordinate a group to help assemble boxes
- Help with Healing Art Box Delivery and Distribution
Become a Fundraising Team Leader. Get a team together a share the spirit!
Provide a cash donation. It’s only $20 to provide a Healing Art Box to a child in need. If you’re feeling extra generous and know someone to fund the program, $20,000 buys all the boxes!
Smiles start at $20 with the donation of one Healing Art Box!
Watch "The Story of the Box"
Here’s our animated take on how the program came to be. Enjoy “The Story of the Box”:
Founder and Executive Director, Laurie Zagon, explains more:
Become a Healing Art Box Fundraising Team Leader!
Fundraising Team Leaders are an essential part of our annual Healing Art Box campaign.
Laurie Zagon, our founder, explains the program:
“Become a Fundraising Team Leader by creating your own page. It’s quick to sign up. You’ll have a custom link to share with your friends. Set your funding goals, reach out to friends, fundraise together, and monitor your progress!”
Start Fundraising Now
Click on the “Sign Up” button here, and follow the instructions below:
- Click “Register Now”, fill in your basic information, and click “Continue”
- Choose a Participant Role – individual page, team page, or you can join someone’s team
- Share on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, anywhere! Invite your friends and family to join your team and donate.
- Have Fun! – Watch your progress as your friends and family join and your thermometer climbs towards the goal!
As a Fundraising Team Leader, you’ll help bring smiles and art to underprivileged children in our community!
Check out the video from a previous holiday giveaway!